Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Skirt to Scarf

My latest rags to riches project. It was my daughter's idea.  We have had a skirt around here for 5 years, one of those unfinished edge tiered ones with a lot of different patterns.  My oldest daughter wore it until she was tired of it and the bottom piece was ragged, so we cut it off, and my youngest daughter wore it until she wanted it shorter so we cut off the bottom to make it knee length and she had the idea to make it into a scarf.

We found a tutorial here.

This is what we cut off the skirt.

 Basting along the sections with visible thread.

Gathered ready to sew. Which was a little difficult by the way.  You need concentration and patience.

The finished product. 

3 comments:

  1. That turned out very cute - a great way to re-use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandie wrote: "Shelley, that is super cute!! And, I think I remember that skirt...great way to re-purpose and re-enjoy!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out cute! I've been wanting to try this idea--I have a few things saved for that purpose if I ever manage to work it to the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete